I've spent the past week with my design head very firmly screwed on. When I came back from Woolfest I took a week off work to get a few things sorted around the house.
Back in April we knocked through the connecting door between the cottage and the barn, and of course building work means that you need to do some re-decorating. After 3 months I still hadn't managed to find time to get it done as my work diary has been pretty much jam packed.
However, I now have a clean and tidy house and feel much better for it. The painting has been done, and downstairs is now a fresh shade of green.
Leading up the stairs and on the end wall of the upstairs room has also had a fresh look.
The colour, in the manner of all good colours is being spectacularly awkward to capture. It's a vibrant electric blue, and despite blue's reputation for being cold actually feels very warm because of how the colour glows. It's a massive change from the pale blue grey that was there before, but it was a week well spent!
The website has also had a whole new look as well. I've had to re-write most of the content, and hopefully it will be a bit more pleasing on the eye, and easier to navigate.